zoom: This paid Zoom feature is now available for free, how to use it – Times of India
What is live transcription feature
In simple terms, users can now view live text transcriptions of what the host or other participant is saying.The feature uses robot transcription services which enables speech to text transcription in Zoom Meeting and webinars. Other video conferencing platforms are also adapting this tool.
Currently, the feature is limited to English language, however, the company says that it will add support for more languages soon. Last month, Zoom said that the platform will offer automated closed captioning in 30 languages over the next one year. The company has revealed that it is also working to add live translation for 12 different languages over the same time frame.
How to view closed captioning or live transcription on PCs
- Sign in to the Zoom app.
- Join a meeting or webinar.
- When enabled by the host, you will see a notification above Closed Caption /Live Transcript in the meeting controls.
- If closed captioning is available, click Closed Caption to start viewing closed captioning.
- If live transcription is available, click Live Transcript , then select Show Subtitle. If enabled, you can also click View Full Transcript to view the transcript in the side panel of the meeting.
- You can also adjust the size of the live transcription by clicking on the up arrow next to Start Video/ Stop Video > Video Setting > Accessibility > Closed Captions > Move the slider to adjust the caption size.
How to view closed captioning or live transcription on Android and iOS smartphones
- Sign in to the Zoom mobile app.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Meeting.
- Toggle Closed Captioning to on.
If live transcription is not enabled, you can request the host to enable it for the meeting.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here