Nothing Google Assistant: Nothing Ear (1) gets support for Google Assistant, Siri and Alexa – Times of India
Nothing Ear (1) earbuds were launched in 2021 with a unique transparent design and features like active noise cancellation at an affordable price. One thing missing from the earbuds was the voice assistant support. Nothing originally said that it has no plans to bring voice assistant support to the device, but that is no longer the case.
The company in a blog post said that Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri are now available on the Ear (1). “Say hi, hey and hello to Google, Alexa and Siri…You can now wake up voice assistance by tapping your earbuds three times. So you can say hi to your mum, dad and friends, hands-free,” the post reads.
To update the earbuds, make sure that the device is connected to your smartphone and has at least 10% battery. Once the device is updated to version 0.6700.1.86, voice assistant support can be activated from Gesture Controls > Triple Taps > Voice Assistant.
Other changes that come with the latest firmware update include:
- Stronger connection between Ear (1) and third-party apps and laptops.
- Optimised stability when switching between ‘multiple devices.
- Voice assistants are now available in gesture controls.
- More accurate ear (1) battery display in the app.
- Improved functionality of the In-Ear Detection switch in the app.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here