Love pizza? Here’s how to make gluten-free vegan pizza at home – Times of India
The only reason why people are opting for gluten-free foods is because of the growing cases of celiac disease. According to Mordor Intelligence, “The Indian Gluten-Free Foods & Beverages Market is projected to value at 189 million USD in 2024 registering a CAGR of 8.7 per cent.” This clearly denotes how people are opting for gluten-free products such as bakery products and cereals. The report also says that “India is the second-fastest-growing market for gluten-free foods & beverages in Asia-Pacific, following China.”
Seeing this trend, we thought of making a pizza whose crust is completely gluten-free. The best part about this pizza is that the dough need not rise! This pizza is going to be really amazing in taste with your favourite vegan cheese. Here’s how you can make gluten-free vegan pizza at home.
Gluten-free Vegan Pizza Recipe
For the Dough
3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tbsp unrefined cane sugar
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Pizza
300 ml homemade pizza sauce
1 cup dairy-free cheese
Assorted veggies, for topping
1. First, let the yeast rise for making the dough. For the same, take a bowl and mix together yeast, warm water and sugar. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Now, sift gluten-free flour, sea salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Once done, add olive oil to it along with the yeast mixture and mix well. Add a little water and knead until you achieve a soft dough.
3. Next, make a ball of the dough using your hands. Take a baking sheet, dust it with some gluten-free flour. Place the dough in the middle and press it with your hands until it rolls out completely.
4. Place this flattened dough in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until a crack appears.
5. Once done, take it out and spread the pizza sauce on the crust. Make sure that you leave a 1/2 inch margin from the edges.
6. Finally, grate or shred the dairy-free cheese on the pizza crust generously. Afterwards, add veggies of your choice as topping and shred more cheese on it. (Tip: If you like dark crust, you can brush the pizza crust with a little olive oil before baking.)
7. Now, place this crust in the oven again and bake for about 20-30 minutes. Make sure you check after 20 minutes to prevent it from burning.
8. If the pizza is done, take it down and let it cool a little. Season it with oregano & pepper, and serve hot with ketchup.
Go desi with millets
For Indian palates, who cannot find gluten-free all-purpose flour easily, have something super easy in their homes with which this pizza can be made. Natasha Gandhi, who rose to fame with MasterChef Season 6 and is the founder of House of Millets says, “All you need do is make a thick millet roti and use your favourite cheese for that cheesy touch to your pizza. Add the toppings of your choice and voila, you have the Indian way of making gluten-free pizza in a few minutes.” This desi jugaad is something we can make when thinking of eating a healthy pizza.
For all the latest lifestyle News Click Here